London, UK –15 March 2012 – ChannelAdvisor, a global e-commerce platform provider that enables retailers to sell more across online channels, is pleased to announce that Angus McCarey, eBay’s UK Retail Director, will join the key note speaker line up for the 2012 Catalyst Europe Conference. EBay will also be a platinum sponsor at this year’s event, which is taking place on 28-29 May at the Grange St. Paul’s Hotel.
McCarey has worked with eBay since 2007, in a variety of UK and European roles including leading the motors business and setting up eBay’s first sales and business development team for retailers and brands. In his current role McCarey is responsible for seller strategy and proposition in eBay’s markets across Europe. Other key industry experts participating in this year’s Catalyst include Ann Summers, Internet Retailing, Facebook, Amazon, LivingSocial, PwC, UKash, and Criteo.
“eBay has always been an important component of Catalyst Europe, and this year we’re delighted to have Angus McCarey presenting a keynote session,” commented Seamus Whittingham, ChannelAdvisor’s managing director for EMEA. “eBay remains a vital influencer of the e-commerce landscape and a channel that is core to many of our customers business, so we know that this will be a must-attend session at Catalyst.”
The focus of this year’s Catalyst will be NewCommerce: a theme that will focus on the emerging, innovative trends of commerce such as f-commerce, mobile, local and cross border trade. It will be an essential conference for online retailers looking to take their e-commerce business to the next level.
For more information on attending or sponsoring Catalyst Europe visit: www.channeladvisor.co.uk/catalyst.
- Founded in 1999, eBay.co.uk is the UK’s largest online shopping destination, providing a platform for over 17m unique visitors per month to buy and sell new, unique and used items in a fun and easy way.
- eBay has around 40 million live listings on the UK site, with fixed price goods accounting for the majority (61%) of items sold globally.
- Sellers of all sizes, including 180,000 registered businesses and over 100 well-known brands and retailers use eBay.co.uk to reach the UK’s largest online shopping audience.
- The eBay fashion Outlet sells products from over 30 high street brands at up to 70% off the recommended retail price.
- Over 4m shoppers regularly look for Clothing, Shoes and Accessories on eBay.co.uk. Transaction volume on eBay Fashion grew 30% YoY over 2010, outstripping the market.
- eBay.co.uk is owned by eBay Inc, which has expanded to include a range of brands that help consumers find and purchase the goods they want including eBay, PayPal, Shopping.com, RedLaser, Milo and others.
For further information, visit www.ebay.co.uk