Company continues to add key Internet Retailer 500 customers including Blue Bay and Tool King, launches next-generation Amazon solution
Research Triangle Park, NC – November, 3 2009 – ChannelAdvisor, a solution provider that enables online retailers to improve efficiency and increase revenue, today announced another strong quarter with $2.6 million in bookings and 229 new customer additions. Further, for the 12 months ending September, 2009, ChannelAdvisor achieved for the first time in company history a full year of positive EBIDTA (earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and amortization). New customers are driving this growth by signing on for multiple e-commerce channel solutions to maximize their revenue potential. Notable new customers include Foot Shop Limited, Green Cartridge Company Europe BV, Solaris Sport S.L.R. and Tory Burch.
“While our third quarter brought us continued growth across all channels, there was significant escalation among apparel, consumer electronics and media, which are in many cases necessities for consumers,” said Scot Wingo, ChannelAdvisor CEO. “Whether shopping for essentials or luxuries, more than ever we are seeing consumers using comparison shopping sites and bargain hunting across multiple websites, leading our customers to embrace a multi-channel selling approach to maximize visibility.”
The third quarter also saw the release of ChannelAdvisor’s next-generation Amazon solution. The solution has been well-received due to its ability to provide online retailers control over the Amazon sales channel with actionable information, eliminating the need for online retailers to involve their IT department in every minor change.
“Within one week of implementing ChannelAdvisor’s new Amazon solution our sales increased 34 percent,” said Steve McCarty, president of Ultimate Paintball. “We’re anticipating continued growth and a successful holiday season with ChannelAdvisor’s support of the Fulfillment by Amazon program.”
Highlights of the next-generation Amazon solution include:
- Product Match technology that discovers which Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN) to select for products based on the listing’s title, price, sales rank, whether or not Amazon is a competitor and more – folding all the variables needed to make a decision into a sleek, simple-to-use interface
- Categorizer technology that offers intelligent recommendations and dynamically populates Amazon’s complex item classification keyword requirements, categorizing each product as accurately as possible and saving hours of manual data entry
- A revised dashboard that, for the first time, presents a simple, dynamic, birds-eye view of the status of listings to ensure that all products are live and that all listings are fully optimized for maximum visibility and sales
- Full integration with the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) program to create, track and modify products, shipments and orders, which are then fulfilled by Amazon’s shipping service
Additional third-quarter product updates include the following:
- Full support for Bing Shopping Cashback, including transaction reports
- Advanced network targeting for Google campaigns
- Negative keyword support for Google ad groups
- Bing Search Cashback support including transaction reports
- URL-based commands to easily resize and apply filters such as image quality, sharpen and contrast
- Watermarking and dynamic text overlaying for merchandising
- Automated cropping for image files
- Ability to summarize workflow actions into a single URL-based command
- New message panel allowing images text and external links to be inserted anywhere in the book; the text and links are used to display instructions, highlighted products, vendor offers and signup fields
ChannelAdvisor is a global e-commerce platform provider that helps retailers sell more online through channels such as marketplaces, paid search and comparison shopping, and with webstores and rich media solutions. Widely respected as a trusted advisor for more than 3,000 top e-commerce brands, ChannelAdvisor calms the chaos of online selling by enabling retailers to submit one inventory feed to the ChannelAdvisor platform where it is translated to fit the specifications of hundreds of e-commerce channels and distributed accordingly. In 2010, ChannelAdvisor managed $2.8 billion in gross merchandise value (GMV) on behalf of retailers of all sizes including Saks, Dell, Brookstone, and more than 30 percent of the Internet Retailer Top 500 online retailers. ChannelAdvisor is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC with offices in New York, Seattle, Australia, Ireland, Germany and the United Kingdom. For further information, visit www.channeladvisor.com.