Forrester: Retailers Are Starting to Reap the Rewards of Omnichannel Commerce
There’s no denying it: Consumer demands are higher than ever.
But then again, so is their profit potential. Just think: Shoppers have been known to spend 21.7 times more when they purchase both online and in-store, rather than at retailer locations only.
And that’s just one finding, shared by one retailer, in Forrester’s latest report: Retailers Are Starting to Reap the Rewards of Omnichannel Commerce.
This important report includes numerous other insights on consumers’ changing shopping behaviours, and the omnichannel strategies retailers are using to meet them. It’s everything you need to know about the current state of omnichannel commerce, including what leading retailers are doing to personalise and perfect the customer experience.
What more can sellers do to collect customer data and put it to better use? What omnichannel commerce strategies are working well today, and what’s in store for tomorrow? How are new and emerging omnichannel experiences shaping expectations across marketing, selling and fulfilling?
Forrester’s latest report answers these questions and others like them, with several important takeaways:
- Now’s the time to fully embrace omnichannel strategies: A growing number of retailers are extending their omnichannel capabilities beyond fulfilment to incorporate marketing, merchandising and customer service.
- But there’s still a long way to go: Today’s consumers expect a consistent experience across channels, and those expectations exceed current capabilities for most brands and retailers.
- Getting ahead with omnichannel commerce will require new ways of thinking: Enhancing back-end processes — adopting new inventory and order management systems, developing a single enterprise view of the customer and breaking down internal operational silos — is the crucial next step.
Download your free copy to learn:
- What omnichannel commerce investments retailers are making — and what results they’re getting
- How sellers can embed omnichannel throughout the customer lifecycle
- The three underlying capabilities you need to fuel omnichannel success
- And more