Whether you’re an Aussie retailer selling locally or an international retailer hoping to reach their shores, one thing is for certain: you need to be leveraging marketplaces to reach your audience.
eBay Australia may have launched in the 90s, but marketplaces in Australia have experienced a massive boom. From Amazon coming down under in 2017 to the repositioning of MyDeal and the evolution of Catch, the opportunities for retailers are enormous.
What do you need to know?
- Australia is listed as the 10th largest e-commerce market in the world by revenue and the industry is only set to grow. It’s predicted that the market size will be about A$35.2 billion (US$ 25.2 billion) by 2021.
- While eBay made its mark selling second-hand goods, 90% of the listings on the platform are for new products and more than 60% of Australian online shoppers purchased on ebay.com.au in the last 12 months.
- An item is sold on Catch.com.au every 2.4 seconds!
- There are over 150 million paying Prime members worldwide with electronics being the strongest product category on the site.
- MyDeal provides Australian consumers with over 1 million lifestyle products across 3,500 departments.
Whether you are looking for ways to reach your target audience via PPC or EDMs or looking for warehousing, loyalty programs or even fulfilment options, marketplaces offer exactly what you need. The benefit of easy integration with ChannelAdvisor means you can have a multi-marketplace approach with ease.
Whether you are already listing on one marketplace and you’re looking to expand, whether you are yet to list on any marketplaces, or whether you are looking for new ways to truly leverage your offerings and reach your target Aussie shoppers…what are you waiting for? 2020 is your year.
The opportunities to drive expansion and leverage the power of marketplaces are enormous. Find out more by downloading our eBook here.