Updates to Amazon A+ Content: What You Need to Know
We’ve got some great news to kick off 2018 for Amazon first-party (1P) sellers.
With all the moving pieces and planning that a New Year brings, you may have missed an important vendor update from Amazon: As of 1 January, adding Basic A+ Detail Pages is now free and unlimited for any seller.
In addition, this update confirmed that Amazon has released its new Premium A+ modules. This option allows sellers to “showcase your product by adding video content, larger images, more comprehensive comparison charts, interactive displays, and more.”
Although the details are not yet public, it’s expected that these options will incur a cost to vendors. For reference, check out some of this Premium A+ content on products on Amazon.com, their Echo is a good example, as is this listing from Bose.
Now that Basic A+ Detail Pages are free for all vendors, you should certainly take advantage of adding A+ Content to your product listings. Adding these pages will allow you to tell a better story for your product or brand, as well as cross-promote other products. According to Amazon, adding A+ Content has been shown to boost sales anywhere from 3 to 10%.
For more information on A+ Content, here’s a quick overview:
What is A+ Content?
Amazon A+ Content is an enhanced brand content offering available to all Amazon vendors known as first-party (1P) sellers. With A+ Content, you’re able to add more detailed item descriptions, bigger images, comparison charts, videos and more. This offering allows you to showcase your brand and better your brand values and story, assisting customers to make informed buying decisions.
Benefits of using A+ Content
Typically, consumers will find this additional content below the fold on a product detail page, under the section “From the Manufacturer.”
How do I get started?
- Log into Amazon Seller Central and hover over the Merchandising Tab. Select “A+ Detail Pages” from the drop-down.
- Select either the Self-Service module or the “Amazon builds for you” module.
- If you select the Self-Service module, you will be brought to a page that allows you to enter an ASIN. Here you will enter the ASIN of the product you’ve chosen for A+ content.
- On the same page, you will need to enter a project name. Add a descriptive name for your project. You will likely want to include either the product title, ASIN or both in the name. Click Continue once you are done.
- Next, you will design your page layout. Drag and drop the elements from the left-hand column to the right that you want to use for your page. There are a total of 12 different modules, so play around and figure out what will work best for the specific product. You can select up to five modules per product page.
- Once you select the styles you want to use and are happy with your layout, click Continue.
- Next, you will upload your images and content, and then preview your design to see exactly what consumers will see when they look at your product detail page.Carefully review the preview page and make any necessary changes.
- Lastly, select “add to cart” to see the pricing and purchase the A+ content. You’re done!
If you choose the “Amazon builds for you” module, simply enter the ASIN and upload a zip file with the content you would like included.
Amazon indicates it can take up to seven days for them to approve your A+ content submission after it is purchased.
With more than half of all online shoppers starting their product searches on Amazon, optimising your product detail pages should be a key focus. Adding A+ Content to your listings provides a better buyer experience, increases customer engagement and has been shown to boost sales.
If you want more information on A+ Content or are looking for further guidance on how to leverage it to boost your Amazon presence, feel free to reach out to us to see how our Managed Services offering could help you sell more online.