The Jason and Scot Show (E-commerce podcast) is half a year old! To celebrate, we are back with another deep dive. This week’s episode (Episode 26) focuses on Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality (AR/VR). Why are Jason and I so interested in this fledgling technology? Well, we have (varying degrees) of belief that AR/VR will have a major impact on retail/e-commerce and we have both found that most retailers aren’t really tracking this trend very closely.
In this episode:
- First, we review the background on AR/VR – why now, what’s the difference between AR/VR, etc.
- Second, we go through the various hardware companies (both announced and rumored) including: Microsoft Hololens, Magic Leap, Oculus, Samsung Gear VR, HTC Vive, Sony Playstation VR, Google Cardboard and Android VR (rumored), Appled (rumored) and Amazon (rumored).
- Finally, we look at what this means for retail, by looking at existing uses cases and then pontificating on where this could go in the not-too-distant future.
Awesome, where do I find this podcast?!
Jason has the complete details here.
Also, we have launched a FB page (here) so you can ask any questions, discuss the show and follow along between podcasts.
Where to listen to the Jason and Scot E-Commerce Podcast
The podcast is available on several different ‘channels’
- iTunes – You can find our iTunes landing page here.
- Google Play now has podcasts (yeah!) so you Android-ers can find us here.
- SoundCloud – You can find us on SoundCloud here. (Note this is popular for desktop streaming).
- Stitcher – We are on Stitcher, you can find us here. Stitcher seems to be popular with the Android crowd.
- TuneIn – We are now live on TuneIn as well here.
- Everywhere else – Most of the other podcast players utilize an RSS feed and our feed is here. In text that is http://jasshow.libsyn.com/rss – you should be able to enter this or search ‘jasshow’.
You can also play it right from here if you’d like: